Garlic Butter Roast Turkey: Hey foodies, looking for a meal to boost your cooking skills and to make you look like a pro this holiday season? Well, let’s show you how to make this garlic butter roast turkey recipe.
Garlic Butter Roast Turkey Recipe
- 6 - 7 lb bone-in turkey breast
- 1 stick butter softened (room temperature)
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 sprigs sage leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 -1/2tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic and herb seasoning
- 3 potatoes sliced
- 1-2 large carrots sliced
- Add salt, pepper, roasted garlic and herb seasoning to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Using a bowl add the butter, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley, chicken bouillon, roasted garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Loosen the skin of the turkey breast. Spread half of the butter underneath the skin of the turkey, and the other half of the butter on top of the turkey breast. Add the seasoned veggies to the roasting pan.
- Place the turkey in the baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the skin has just started to brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, to 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Basting and injecting occasionally with pan juices.
- Check the temperature of the turkey by inserting a thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.
- Roast the turkey until the temp. registers at least 165 degrees F.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve.
If your turkey breast is larger or smaller than the size indicated in the recipe, you can adjust the cooking time accordingly. Turkey breast cooks for approximately 20 minutes per pound.
YouTube Video Credits
Cooking With Tammy