How To Make Falafel: Hello there food lovers! If you’ve been following us for a while now, you’ll know that we serve you only the best recipes ever. This time, we have this beautiful Falafel recipe that you can try at home.
It’s pretty easy to make and trust us, you’ll be making it all the time once you get the hang of it. So, with that being said, let’s get into making this recipe.
How To Make Falafel
- 2 cups (400g) dried chickpeas, don’t use canned
- 1 small Onion
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- 1/3 bunch Parsley
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- 4 tablespoons (30g) Flour/breadcrumbs or chickpea flour for gluten-free version
- 1¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Oil for frying.
- Pita bread, tahini sauce, salad.
- Put the chickpeas in a large bowl over them by about 2-3 inches of cold water. Let soak overnight, then wash and drain.
- Put washed and drained chickpeas into a food processor, add garlic cloves, onion, parsley, cilantro, baking soda and spices. Process until smooth but crumbly.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add breadcrumbs and mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil to 360˚F (180˚C).
- Remove falafel mixture from the fridge and using wet hands shape into 1-inch balls.
- Fry the falafels in batches, 4-6 at a time. Until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel.
- Serve as is or in a pita bread with salad and tahini sauce.
YouTube Video Credits:
The Cooking Foodie