Crunchy Buttery Kurma: Hello there food lovers! Today, we would be showing you how to make this delicious and crunchy buttery kurma. Kurma is a delicious, deep-fried Indian sweet that is coated with a spiced syrup. This recipe makes the most crunchy, buttery and flavorful kurma. Enjoy!
Crunchy Buttery Kurma
Hello there food lovers! Today, we would be showing you how to make this delicious and crunchy buttery kurma.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp full cream powdered milk (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut milk powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom / elichie
- 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 2/3 cup cold margarine, grated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- To begin, in a large mixing bowl, add 3 cups of all-purpose flour. Then, add one tablespoon of full cream powder milk to the flour. Next, add one tablespoon of coconut milk powder.
- Next, add 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon. Then, add 3/4 tsp ground cardamom / elichie. Stir the mixture gently. Add 1/2 tsp ginger to the mix and then, 1 tbsp full cream powdered milk (optional).
- Now, add 2/3 cup cold margarine, grated. Afterwards, mix them all up. You can clean your hands properly and use them to gently mash and mix them up.
- Once that is done, add 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Mix them all up well and form a nice, round mould. Add some more milk and make another mould until there is no more flour to mould.
- Now, mash all the mould together to make one big mould. Wrap in a cling film. Leave to marinate for a while and set some oil on fire. While the oil is heating, start rolling the dough. Add some flour to the dough before rolling. When the dough is flat enough, start cutting it out.
- Make three cuts on the dough. Check the video below for exact measurement. Take out each roll and cut into smaller strips. Cut them similar to french fries. Once you're done cutting, add them into the oil.
- Make sure that the heat is set to high. Fry until it's golden brown. It takes roughly two to three minutes for it to fry to that beautiful golden color.
- For the syrup:Add 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup water. Then add 1 1/2 tsp ginger and then, 2-3 cardamom pods. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes. Once it is ready, carefully add some to the fried chips. You can use a spoon to stir gently to mix them all up. Allow the syrup to dry.
YouTube Video Credits: