Fruit Salad Recipe: Welcome back, fruit lovers! So, today, we will be showing you how to make a delicious fruit salad that you and your family can enjoy. Making a fruit salad is easy and quick to be truthful. Apart from being very healthy, it can also become your new favorite go-to dessert.
First, you must know that you can choose to use any fruit of your choice or liking. You mustn’t follow this particular fruit recipe, especially if you don’t have access to some of the fruits that were used in this video.
Delicious Fruit Salad Recipe
- Red Grapes
- Black pepper.
- Start out by washing your fruits thoroughly to get rid of dirt. Now, let's make a dressing for the salad. Start by grating your lime out into a clean plate. Then, squeeze out the lime juice.
- Now, add a drizzle of honey to the mix. Add some black pepper too (This is optional). Now, mix everything together.
- Next, we are going to prep the pawpaw by slicing it and scooping out the seeds. Don't throw the pawpaw seeds away because they are healthy and medicinal.
- Now, you can choose to peel the skin from your pawpaw before slicing them into bits or slice your pawpaw into bits and peel off (as shown in the video). Next, we are going to peel and slice up the pineapple. Cut them into bits too.
- Coming up next are the kiwis. You can use a knife to peel the skin or use a peeler. When you're done, slice it up into bits too and place aside. Now, we'll prep the strawberries. Take off the leafy part of the strawberries and chop them into bits too.
- Chop and slice all the different fruits you wish to use for this recipe and place them aside. Now that we have our fruits all prepped and ready, we'll move to the fun part, which is assembling them.
- You can start adding the fruits together now. Add your salad dressing and then mix everything up together.
Some people, and a wider part of Nigeria, prefer using condensed milk as the dressing for this fruit salad recipe. That’s fine too because it’s a good source of potassium and can be fortified with vitamins A, B-12, and D, as well as calcium. It contains as much protein as cow’s milk, yet is lower in calories than whole milk and about equal to the calories in 1 percent or 2 percent milk. It contains very little saturated fat.
If you want to try out some other form of eating this fruit salad, you can place them in the fridge in smaller packs and take out a pack each day, and blend it into a smoothie. It’s healthy that way as well.