Spaghetti Sauce: Hello there super food lovers! We have another exciting new recipe for you to try out this week, and it is the spaghetti sauce recipe.
This spaghetti sauce is very tasty, and you should try it sometime, if you haven’t already. It’s akin to a traditional, authentic Italian pasta sauce, and it’s very good.
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 2 (15 oz), puréed tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of salt or add to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup fresh Parsley
- Start out by preparing your vegetables. Cut them all up, the onions, red and green bell peppers. Make sure that you have them all prepped up and ready. Also wash and chop your parsley.
- In a clean cooking pot, add some oil. You can use olive oil or any healthy oil of your choice. Now, add your chopped onions and stir gently. Cook for about two to three minutes and stir gently as you do.
- Now, add your crushed garlic. Stir for about a minute before adding your ground beef to the pot. Break up into smaller bits. You can also use turkey, chicken or any protein of your choice for this recipe.
- Stir-fry for about a minute too, until the lumps have been fully smoothened. Now, add some salt. Add your cayenne powder, black pepper. Note: you need to add these ingredients to taste. Now, add your oregano, thyme and bouillon cubes.
- Give it a good stir, so that all the ingredients can mix together. At this point, add your chopped bell peppers. Stir to combine before adding your tomato sauce. Give it a good whisk to combine. Now, add some water and leave to cook for 30 minutes on medium to low heat.
- While the sauce is cooking, start boiling the pasta or rice or even spaghetti. Whichever you want to use. Once the pasta is well cooked, take it off the heat to drain the water.
- Check back on your sauce and once it's ready, serve and enjoy!
YouTube Video Credit:
Chef Lola’s Kitchen