Italian Hot Chocolate Recipe
Italian Hot Chocolate: Hi there food lovers! Have you ever tried making an Italian hot chocolate drink? Well, for sure, you know that we’d bring you the right recipe at the right time.
This Italian hot chocolate is thick, smooth, creamy, and warm. A full mug of rich hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings is the perfect way to start a wintry morning.
If you have never tried Italian style hot chocolate (Cioccolata Calda), follow this easy recipe to learn how to make the best hot chocolate. So, let’s check this recipe out right now.
1½ cups (360ml) Milk
1-2 tablespoons Sugar
1 tablespoon (8g) Cocoa powder
4 oz (115g) Dark chocolate (70%)
1-2 tablespoons (7.5-15g) Cornstarch
Whipped cream + cocoa powder/chocolate shavings for serving
1. Chop the chocolate. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk 1/2 milk and cornstarch. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan place the rest of the milk with sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, add the cornstarch mixture, whisk until combined and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add chopped chocolate, turn the heat off and whisk for 2-3 minutes, until completely dissolved and thick.
5. Pour into a mug, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
• For a thicker consistency you can use 2 or even 2½ tablespoons. It’s totally up to your preference.
• You can control the sweetness of the hot chocolate by adding more or less sugar.
Watch Video Below:
YouTube Video Credits:
The Cooking Foodie