Party Jollof Rice: If you are wondering what food took the world by storm and still piques the interest of a larger audience till date, it is the ageless Nigerian party jollof rice.
It is tasty, delicious and incomparable. Fried rice doesn’t even come close and if you want to capture the hearts of some people, this should be a good place to start.
Here’s the recipe. look no further
Nigerian Party Jollof Rice
- For 8 cups of rice...
- For the blended mix-
- 3 medium bell peppers
- 5 pieces of tomato (Roma)
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil(or oil of choice
- 1 large onion( chopped)
- 18oz (2 1/4 cup)Tomato paste( tin tomato)
- 2 knorr seasoning cubes
- 2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 rich cup chicken stock( substitute with water)
- 1 cup water
- Start out by blending your pepper mix. Get it into a smooth pulp. Transfer it into an empty pan and cook until the water dries.
- In a clean pot, add some vegetable oil and then, add your chopped onions. Stir until fragrant, for about 5 minutes. Now, add your tin tomato paste.
- Stir that too until it is well mixed up. Fry for about 20 minutes. Stir from time to time. Now, add your boiled tomato and pepper mix. Stir to combine.
- Fry for an additional 8-10 minutes. Now, add your chicken seasoning, thyme, curry, garlic powder, bay leaves and some salt to taste.
- Stir everything all up to get mixed properly. Now, add your chicken stock from your previously boiled chicken. Stir to combine as well.
- Next, add your washed rice to the pot. Mix gently and add some water to cook with. Just enough to cover the surface of the rice.
- Now, cover with a foil before covering with the pot lid and cook for 25 minutes. Open the pot after the time has elapsed and stir to mix up. Serve with your chicken.
YouTube Video Credits