How To Make Peppered Snail: When it comes to peppered snails, you could easily become a disciple and that’s not because it’s easy to make but because peppered snails are like, everything. They’re semi crispy, fresh, healthy and yes, expensive. You can eat them with rice or simply add those delicious snails to your choice of vegetables.
How To Make Peppered Snail
When it comes to peppered snails, you could easily become a disciple and that's not because it's easy to make but because peppered snails are like, everything.
- Scotch Bonnet peppers
- Seasoning cubes
- Red bell pepper
- Groundnut oil
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- White onions
- Start out by washing the snails with water in a bowl. The issue with snails and washing them is that this is a whole process and a lot of people just skip this part because of the “sliminess” and "yuckiness". It's not exactly something they like to deal with but hey, everyone loves the already washed and clean snail. So, you either clean it well or you don't.
- You can use the old method of cleaning the snail which is to use aloms. You can get them at the local market, or you can use some lemons as well. Likewise, you can also use garri or salt. Now, slice the snail open one by one and squeeze some lemon juice all over them. Use the lemon to gently clean the inner parts of the snail until all the slime is gone. Rinse thoroughly.
- Add the washed snails into a pot and blend your garlic, ginger, and onions. Add the purée to the pot too. Now, add your curry, thyme, salt, and seasoning cubes. Add some water, place the scotch bonnet pepper on top, cover the pot and start cooking.
- To make the pepper stew for the snail, we'll use the red bell pepper, scotch bonnet peppers and onions. You are free to use as much pepper as you can tolerate. If you aren't the one for pepper, then just use a little. Remove the seed from the red bell pepper and blend the mixture. Once that is done, set it aside.
- Check on your snails and take them off the heat as soon as the water is dried up. Next, we will be frying the pepper mix. Add some oil into a pan and add the blended pepper mix once it heats up. Fry gently until it dries up. Into the frying process, season with some cubes. Stir it in and let if fry for a little more. A few minutes later, give it a final stir before adding the snails.
- Stir to combine evenly and then let it fry for a little while before garnishing with your green, red, and yellow sliced bell peppers. Also, add your chopped white onions as well. Let it cook for a bit, and it's ready to be served.
YouTube Video Credit:
The Joyful Cook
Pingback: Peppered Snail Sauce - CookGam