Beetroot & Turkey Flavored Rice: This recipe isn’t even fried rice or curry rice, but it sure looks like it, only better! This Beetroot & turkey flavored rice recipe will have you hungry for more.
Beetroot is a perfect source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. It improves your blood flow, lowers blood pressure, and increases performance during exercise. Let’s check out how to make this delicious and irresistible meal below.
Beetroot & Turkey Flavored Rice
- Spice mixture:(curry, garlic powder, onion powder, meat tenderizer, paprika, cayenne pepper, dill seeds)
- Groundnut oil
- Garlic oil
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- Water or meat stock
- Chicken seasoning
- Chopped onions
- Chopped pepper
- Start out by cutting your beetroot into medium chunks. Set aside and start seasoning your turkey. You can use any seasoning of your choice. Mix them up well, make sure that they merge properly with the turkey. After that is done, add some oil into a pan. Then, add your seasoned turkey one after the other into the pan.
- Pan fry the turkey. Once the first side is well fried, flip over and fry the other side equally. Once you're satisfied with the frying, take them off the heat and set aside. Now, go in with your chopped onions and peppers. Stir and then add your spice mixture.
- Now, add your already washed rice and turn to get the ingredients evenly mixed up. Mix your raw rice up before adding water. If you do have your stock, then add it. Once that is done, add your beetroot pieces to the top of your rice and cover the pot to boil. Next, add your already fried turkey pieces to the rice.
- Allow to cook for some minutes to let the beetroot flavor and turkey flavor mix up with the rice. Check back on your rice later and remove the beetroots. After that, stir to combine. If your rice isn't soft yet, then let it cook some more. Your food is ready to be served.
View this post on Instagram