Chicken Fricassee: Hello there foodies and welcome once again to another food making tutorial. Today, we would be showing you how to make the famous chicken Fricassee, also known as French Chicken stew.
Chicken Fricassée is a traditional French chicken stew made with browned chicken pieces braised in a creamy white mushroom sauce. A rustic family style meal that’s easy enough for midweek, it’s almost like the white sauce version of Coq au Vin – except it’s so much faster to make!
Chicken Fricassee/ French Chicken Stew
Hello there foodies and welcome once again to another food making tutorial. Today, we would be showing you how to make the famous chicken Fricassee, also known as French Chicken stew.
- Bay Leaf
- Thyme leaves
- Minced garlic
- Chicken stock
- Wash your chicken and Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter in a pan and let it melt. Now, add your seasoned chicken and fry it. Flip over after some minutes to the next side to fry also.
- Take it out in a pan and allow to cool off.
- Repeat the same frying process until all the chicken are well fried and ready. Take them off the heat and into a pan to cool off.
- Now, into the leftover oil, add some chopped onions and mushrooms. Make sure that you washed the mushrooms properly.
- Add your bay leaf and thyme leaves. Stir to combine before adding your minced garlic.
- Add some flour and stir again. Add a cup of white cooking wine and some chicken stock. Add some more salt and pepper and stir.
- Allow to cook for some minutes before adding your chicken one by one. Allow to boil for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid after 10 minutes and let it cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Now, take out the chicken and add some cream to the sauce. Stir and add the chicken back into the sauce. Sprinkle some chopped parsley. Enjoy.
YouTube Video Credits