Oreo Cream Puffs: Hi there food lovers, have you ever tried this Oreo Cream puffs with Oreo cream? If you are looking for a new version for your cream puffs, these “cookies and cream” Choux au Craquelin are a refreshing change for your dessert table. Great for parties and birthdays.
Makes 25-26 cream puffs
Oreo Cream Puffs Recipe
Hi there food lovers, have you ever tried this Oreo Cream puffs with Oreo cream? If you are looking for a new version for your cream puffs, these “cookies and cream” Choux au Craquelin are a refreshing change for your dessert table. Great for parties and birthdays.
For the choux pastry:
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Water
- 7 tablespoons (100g)
- Butter1 cup + 1 tbsp
- (140g) Flour
- 1 tablespoons (12g) Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Powdered sugar
For the Craquelin:
- 6 tablespoons (90g) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (67g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (65g) flour
- 3 tablespoons (20g) cocoa powder
For the filling:
- 1½ cups (340g) Cream cheese
- 1 cup (240ml) Heavy cream, cold
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3/4 cup (95g) Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the Craquelin: in a bowl, cream butter with brown sugar. Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix until no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Roll out dough to 2-3mm thickness between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Freeze while making the choux pastry
- Make the choux pastry: preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- place water, milk, butter, sugar and salt to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the flour, stir with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Once flour is incorporated, place back over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes or until dough comes together into a smooth ball
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to fully incorporate after each addition. Beat until dough is smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a large piping bag with a ½-inch round tip. Pipe the dough into 1-inch circles, keeping them 1½-inch (3-4cm) apart.
- Remove the craquelin dough from the freezer, and cut out into 1-inch circles using a cookie cutter. Place on top of piped dough
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Turn the heat off, slightly open the oven door and leave the puffs there for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Make the filling: in a large bowl place cream cheese and powdered sugar, beat until incorporated and smooth. Add cold heavy cream, vanilla extract and beat to stiff peaks. Fold in crushed Oreos. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Two ways of filling:1. Cut the puffs in half and fill. 2. Make a hole in bottom and fill the puffs.
YouTube Video Below
The Cooking Foodie