Chicken & Sweet Potato Pie: Hello food lovers, wanna know a secret? This chicken and sweet potato pie recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes you can make for dinner.
If you are looking for a recipe for a nutritious family dinner, this meal is for you. Layers of flavors that everyone loves.
Chicken & Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Hello food lovers, wanna know a secret? This chicken and sweet potato pie recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes you can make for dinner.
- 1 Cooking pot
- 1 Large cooking pan
For the chicken mixture:
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1 1/2 lbs (675g) Ground chicken
- 200g Carrots diced
- 200g peas, fresh or frozen
- 1½ (360ml) cups Chicken/beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3 tablespoons Tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
For the sweet potato layer:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1KG)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fill a pot with water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Peel sweet potatoes, cut into chunks. When water is boiling, add sweet potato to the pot and boil until fork tender, about 20-25 minutes
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add crushed garlic and grated ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add diced carrot and cook for until tender, about 5 minutes
- Add ground chicken, cook, stirring frequently until no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, red chili flakes, oregano and cumin. Add tomato paste and stir well.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Add peas, stock and stir well. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- When sweet potato done cooking, mash them into smooth puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the chicken mixture in a 13"X8.5" (33X22cm) ovenproof dish. Spread the puree over the meat mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
YouTube Video Credits
The Cooking Foodie