Popcorn Chicken: Hi there food lovers! Today, we would be showing you how to make this very addictive popcorn chicken recipe, and we sure hope that it becomes your fave.
Popcorn Chicken Recipe
Hi there food lovers! Today, we would be showing you how to make this very addictive popcorn chicken recipe, and we sure hope that it becomes your fave.
- 2 large chicken breast (cut into small chunks)Spice mix:
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed chicken cube
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons of the spice MIX aboveButtermilk:
- 1 cup of butter milk: Buttermilk substitute:* 1 cup of milk + 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar
- Start out by slicing your chicken breasts into small pieces. Pour some salt into a cup. Also, add your bouillon cubes, garlic powder and onion powder. Add some paprika and some cayenne pepper.
- Now, stir the ingredients well together. Pour some spice into the chicken breast and add your butter milk. Stir the butter milk and chicken gently. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a pan, add some flour. Now, add the other part of the spice to the flour. Mix the flour well to combine. Heat up some oil in a deep pot. Use a slotted frying spoon or trainer to scoop the chicken and shake a little to get some mixture off as much as possible.
- You don't want to fry a soggy chicken. Pour the chicken into the flour and cover the bowl. Now, shake the bowl vigorously – up and down. Ensure that each chicken is individually coated. Use the strainer to shake off the excess flour. Next, add the chicken into the oil and start frying.
- Be careful not to overcrowd the pot though. Fry until golden brown. Now, repeat the same process for the rest of the chicken. Fry for about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the chicken onto a paper towel in a sieve and allow it to cool off. You can serve with chips and ketchup or any other sauce you feel like.