Catfish Pepper soup: Hello there food lovers! Today we would be presenting this sumptuous and tantalizing catfish pepper soup recipe that is guaranteed to make you swoon with tasteful ecstasy. Catfish is better used when making pepper soup, but if you don’t like it, you can choose any fish of your choice but it tastes better with catfish.
How To Prepare Catfish Pepper soup
Today we would be presenting this sumptuous and tantalizing catfish pepper soup recipe that is guaranteed to make you swoon with tasteful ecstasy.
- Black Pepper
- Alligator pepper
- Calabash nutmeg
- Aidan fruit
- Grains of Selim
- Scent leaf or parsley
- Red scotch bonnet pepper
- Plantains (optional)
- Seasoning cube
- Get your catfish ready by washing and cutting it into edible sizes. Make sure that you clean the insides properly. Use salt and lemon to wash the fish. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the fish.
- You can use lime or vinegar as well. Rinse well afterward. Next, boil some water and pour it over the fish - this will help the fish to stay firm.
- Leave the fish immersed for about 2-5 minutes. Take it back to the sink and strain out the fish. Take out a pan and place it on the gas cooker. Toast the pepper soup spices for about a minute on medium to low heat.
- Toasting helps to release the natural aroma. Once that is done, take them off the pan and allow them to cool down. Take your alligator pepper and open it up. We'll be using just some. Crack the nutmeg. Use a dry grinder to blend them all up. Don't blend the Uda. We'll be using it like that.
- Now, also crush your pepper, onions, and ginger. Now, peel and dice your plantains. Set them aside once that is done. If you don't want to use plantains, you can use yam or potato. Just know that this is optional.
- Transfer the plantains to a pot on the cooker. Add some water and some salt. Cover and let it cook for about 5 minutes or till they are about 50% cooked. Now, add in your fish. Add in the blended pepper sauce. Cut the Aidan fruit into half and use the other half.
- Add it to the pot. Add your seasoning cubes too. Next, add 2 tablespoons of your pepper soup spices. Add your grains of Selim to the pot too. Add a little more water and stir gently.
- Cover and leave to cook on medium to low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. Give it a good stir once the time has elapsed and adjust the taste if needed.
- Add your scent leaves or parsley on top of the fish and stir again gently to avoid breakage. Once you have added your vegetables, you can turn off the gas and serve your catfish pepper soup.
YouTube Video Credit: