Beef & Potato Stew: For today’s cooking recipe, we will be exploring the delicacy called the Beef and Potato stew. There’s no doubt that by the end of this tutorial, you would be itching to go out and try out this sensational recipe. Potatoes are definitely healthy, and a mixture of that with beef is a sure way to have one of the best dinners of all time.
Let’s dive right into it!
Beef & Potato Stew
- 500g beef (flank steak)
- ½ teaspoon each of:— salt— Crushed Bouillon (knorr beef or maggi)— Paprika— Garlic powder— Onion powder— Pepper
- Few spring of fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- Fresh basil leaves
- 4 medium Irish potatoes/russet potatoes
- 2 ½ cup of water
- Extra ½ teaspoon of salt
- Green pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Let's start off by spicing up the beef in a clean plate. Add some salt, seasoning powder, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Now sprinkle a little oil and mix them together.
- Next, cover the plate with a clean cling film plastic and allow it to marinate for about an hour (If you have the time if you don't then reduce the time). Now, add some oil to a pan and add your marinated beef and stir a bit.
- Fry and keep turning the beef so that each side is duly fried brown. Now, add your Irish/russet potatoes and then add water to the pan. Add some salt and stir gently. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now, add a bar of butter to a pan and let it melt. Add your onions, garlic, and stir. Allow it to fry for a bit before adding your diced carrots. Now, add your diced green pepper and red bell pepper, and scotch bonnet pepper. Then, add some salt and crushed bouillon (knorr or maggi). Now, add your fresh thyme and basil leaves and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Once that is done, add this fried vegetable mixture to the cooking potatoes and beef. On a smaller plate, mix some cornstarch and water to form a paste that will thicken the pottage.
- After you're done mixing the cornstarch, pour it into the pottage and stir to mix up properly. Cook for 3-4 minutes. After the set time has elapsed, check on the pottage and stir once more. Your delicious meal is ready to be eaten.
If you aren’t a lover of potatoes, you can opt for yam or plantains, either way, you’ll love it because what’s there not to love?