The Perfect Fish Roll Recipe: Looking for the best fish roll recipe to learn? Then you should totally check this recipe out! With just a few and easily accessible ingredients, you can make yours too.
The Perfect Fish Roll Recipe
- 1 Baking Oven
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Large Mackerel (cut up)
- 1/2 teaspoon Slt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Seasoning cube
- 2 tbsp Oil of choice
- 1/2 Medium Onions
- 2 Scotch Bonnet pepper
- 2½ All Purpose Flour (325𝘨)
- 1½ tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoon Melted Butter
- Margarine 50g
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Egg
- Start by washing and seasoning your mackerel fish in a clean pot with chopped onions. Next, add some salt to taste. Add your garlic powder as well. For those who love it, if you don't then by all means, don't put any.
- Next, add some seasoning cubes and then add some water to cook with. Close the lid and boil for approximately 10 minutes.
- After boiling, debone carefully. Make sure that you remove every piece of bone. So, it is best to do this carefully and painstakingly.
- Once you're sure that you've gotten rid of the bones, mash them gently. Not too much.
- Now, add some cooking oil into a clean pan, add your chopped onions and your chopped pepper and stir to combine.
- Now, add your deboned fish to the pan. Next, stir the mixture and add your seasoning to taste. Fry for 5 to 8 minutes for the ingredients to thoroughly mix up.
- Transfer to a wide dish and allow it to cool off.
- Now let's make the dough. Transfer the required flour into a bowl. Add your sugar and salt. Add some baking powder and one egg.
- Add some water and mix them all up using your already washed clean hand. Next, add some butter and continue molding and mixing.
- Mold into a dough and transfer to an already floured clean surface. Add some flour on top of the dough and mold some more, until you get a smooth and clean dough.
- Transfer to another floured surface and start rolling with a rolling pin. Once you have flattened it out, cut out the uneven edges.
- Add some fish sauce to the first end of the dough and start rolling. Once you get towards the end of the dough, brush the end with some egg mixture.
- Once that is done, roll completely and start cutting the dough into your desired size. Now, place them one by one on a floured parchment paper.
- Get your oil ready for deep frying. Start adding the fish rolls one by one. Fry till they're golden brown and then take them off the heat when they're ready.
YouTube Video Credits: