The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe: You love cakes, we do too! So, in this tutorial, we will be taking you through the best vanilla cake recipe for layered cakes! It’s easy to make, tastes amazing, is fluffy, and moist, and is perfect for building layers!. So, if you want to go on this incredible cake-making journey with us, hop on. Let’s do this!
The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar (400g)
- 1 Cup Vegetable oil (240ml)
- 3 3/4 Cups Cake Flour (480g)
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk (375ml)
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder (15g)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract (10-15g)
- In a clean bowl, break 5 eggs and mix on high for 3-5 minutes. Mix until it's fluffy. Now, add 2 cups of granulated sugar (400g). Now, mix on high again for 3-4 minutes. Mix until it's light and fluffy, then 1 cup of vegetable oil and mix again to combine. Place that aside and let's get started with the dry ingredients.
- In another clean bowl, sift 3.75 cups of flour into the bowl. Sift it gently. Now, add 1 tablespoon of baking powder. Add a pinch of salt and combine gently. Now, pour one-third of your flour into the egg mixture. Now, mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Next, add one-third of milk (total of half cups). Mix again on low. Repeat (alternate flour and milk), until you're done with the flour and the milk. Once that is done, add one tablespoon of vanilla and mix again. Next, give it a final mix and let the batter rest for 20-30 minutes before baking. We prefer to place it in the fridge for this process.
- Let's prepare the pans. We'll use baking paper. Fold the baking paper nicely (watch video for specifics). Now, place the already folded paper at the bottom of the pan you want to use and measure from the middle. Now, cut the paper from the point you don't need. You'll understand if you watch the video. Once you're done cutting, You open up the paper and place it inside the pan. You'll see that it fits perfectly.
- Brush your pans with a little vegetable oil. Don't forget the sides when you're brushing the oil to the pan. After brushing, you can now add your baking paper and baking paper stripes. Create a round shape with the baking paper stripes (watch video to see how).
- Repeat the same oil brushing process for the remaining pans. After that is done with, fill the pan with the paste, 3 and quarter way through. Tap a little to releases bubbles.
- If you have any baking strip, use old towels. Now, soak the old towel in water and use it to wrap around the pan. Bake at 330f or 40 minutes. You'll know it's ready when your knife comes out, dry.
- You can now remove the strips and let the cake cool down for 50qo minutes. Now, wrap in cling film to use the next day. Add aluminum if you wish to free.
YouTube Video Credit: