Nigerian Buns Recipe: Hi there food lovers, welcome to another year of exploring delicious and tasty recipes. Cheers to the new year lovelies.
Let us take you on a Nigerian buns recipe journey. If you want to learn how to make this delicious and sweet buns, then you should totally pay attention to this recipe.
Tasty Nigerian Buns Recipe
- 1 Baking Oven optional
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 Steel sieve
- 1 Tray
- 2 ½ Cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Medium egg
- 3 tbsp Evaporated milk
- 1/2 Cup Water (if you like it crunchy)
- Canola oil/ vegetable oil for frying.
- Start out by adding your all-purpose flour into a bowl and then, add your sugar. Next to go in would be your baking powder.
- Add some salt to the flour. Now stir to mix them all up properly.
- Once you're sure that they are properly mixed up, add some unsalted butter to the flour. You can either use your hand to mix the butter properly.
- Now, get your nutmeg and scrape it into the flour. Make sure you scrape the quantity you want to use and not too much. Mix up as well.
- Set aside and get another clean mixing bowl. Crack one egg into the bowl and add your evaporated milk. Next, add some water to the mixture.
- Whisk the egg and milk mixture until smooth. Now, add the contents into the flour mixture. You can use your hand to mix them all up till you get a sticky and thick consistency.
- Heat up your frying oil on medium heat and start adding your dough in small lumps into the oil to fry.
- Don't forget to add enough oil for deep frying.
- Fry until golden brown, then turn to the other side and fry as well. When you are sure it's ready, take them off the heat and into a paper towel laced bowl.
- Serve warm with a chilled drink of your choice.
YouTube Video Credits: