Sausage Roll Recipe: Hello there, snack lovers! So, today, we will be bringing you the best recipe to make your super delicious and tasty sausage rolls. After watching the video below and listening to our step-by-step explanation of how to make sausage rolls, you’ll never buy another sausage roll again. Let’s get started.
Super Delicious Sausage Roll Recipe
- 6 1/2 cups plain flour (800g)
- 1 1/3 cup butter (300g)
- 2tbsp sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs cinnamon powder or 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup cold milk or water
- 1 tsp salt, if you're using unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Cameroon pepper (optional)
- 500g sausage meat
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Bouillon cubes
- n a clean mixing bowl, sift your plain flour. Then, add your sugar, cinnamon powder, Cameroon pepper, smoked paprika, and baking powder. After that, stir gently to mix up. Once that is done, add your butter (please be sure to use cold solid butter, not melted or room temperature butter).
- If you're using unsalted butter, then you may need to add salt but if you're using salted butter, there's no need. Use your hands to mix until the texture of the flour gets crumbly. Set it aside and get started on your wet ingredients.
- In a bowl, break in two eggs and add in some cold milk. Mix it thoroughly and set it aside. Now, back to the crumbly flour, create a hole in the middle of the flour, a nice little space. Gradually ass your eggs and milk mixture.
- Mix it in with your hands and add some more mixture, keep mixing and adding until it's fully absorbed. Knead it into a firm, smooth and non-sticky dough. Place it in a bowl and cover it with a cling film and leave to rest for about 30 - 1 hour.
- Let's get started on our sausages. You can choose between pork, beef or chicken sausages. Anyone is fine, as long as your health allows it.Start by removing the covering of the sausage. Once that is done, place them in a bowl and season with onion powder, smoked paprika, bouillon cubes, black pepper, and some garlic powder. Mix to combine and let's move on to the next step.
- Beat one egg in a plate and set it aside. Get your dough and cut it into two. From the first half, cut into two again and set them aside, then, start rolling one cut-out part on the flat surface. Roll it out into a rectangular or square shape. Cut out the edges to get a smooth and nice dough.
- Now, scoop some of the sausages onto the dough (as directed in the video). Now, brush some of the beaten egg onto the edge of the dough. This will help with the sealing.
- Now, gradually roll the dough until you get to the end. After that is done, chop it up into smaller sizes or any size you want. Repeat the same process for all the doughs left.Next, arrange them on a tray, lined with parchment paper. You can poke them with a fork to create some sort of steam vent. Now, brush the top of the sausage with the egg.
- When you're done, place in a preheated oven to bake at 170 degrees celsius for 25 minutes. Your delicious sausage rolls are ready to be served and eaten.
YouTube Video Credit:
Sisi Jemimah’s Recipes