Coconut Prawns Recipe: Have you tried this special, super crunchy coconut prawns recipe? If you haven’t, you totally should.
This crispy deep-fried coconut prawns recipe is made with succulent king prawns, crunchy coconut coating, and 3 ingredients homemade dipping sauce. Perfect as an appetizer or party snack for all occasions.
Super Crunchy Coconut Prawns Recipe
Prawns and seasonings
- 250 gram Large prawns
- Large shrimp/tiger prawns About 8.8oz, peeled and deveined ( see detail in note)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Egg Whisked
- 6-8 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs Or white breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp Desiccated coconut Or shredded coconut
- 3-4 tbsp Plain flour
- 50 ml Coconut milk (Optional)
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp Orange marmalade or lemon marmalade
- 1 tbsp Lime juice or lemon juice.
- Start by washing your large prawns with water. Make sure that they are peeled and deveined. Now, lay them out nicely on a paper towel.
- Pat them dry with another paper towel before adding your spices. Put them in a large bowl once they have been patted dry.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of salt. Add 1/4 tablespoon of black pepper. Add 1/4 tablespoon of garlic powder. Stir to evenly combine.
- Make sure your prawns are evenly coated. Set them aside and break two eggs into a clean small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add 6 tablespoon of shredded coconut and 6 tablespoon of breadcrumbs to another bowl and mix them all up. In a clean bowl, add 1/2 cup of flour.
- Our shrimp is ready to be coated. Now, evenly coat the shrimps in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Now, place in a paper towel.
- Repeat the process for the other shrimps. Once they are ready, pour some frying oil in a pan. Carefully place the shrimps one by one into the pan to fry.
- Fry them until they are crispy and golden brown. Once they are ready, take them out and place them on a paper towel.
- Now, let's make the sauce to go with itGet your orange or lemon marmalade, add 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce. Mix them all up until they're smooth and nice.
- Wash your lime or lemon and cut into two. Squeeze the juice into the marmalade. Your snack is ready and perfect.
YouTube Video Credits