Coconut Prawns Recipe: Have you tried this special, super crunchy coconut prawns recipe? If you haven’t, you totally should.
This crispy deep-fried coconut prawns recipe is made with succulent king prawns, crunchy coconut coating, and 3 ingredients homemade dipping sauce. Perfect as an appetizer or party snack for all occasions.
Super Crunchy Coconut Prawns Recipe
Have you tried this special, super crunchy coconut prawns recipe? If you haven't, you totally should.
Prawns and seasonings
- 250 gram Large prawns
- Large shrimp/tiger prawns About 8.8oz, peeled and deveined ( see detail in note)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Egg Whisked
- 6-8 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs Or white breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp Desiccated coconut Or shredded coconut
- 3-4 tbsp Plain flour
- 50 ml Coconut milk (Optional)
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp Orange marmalade or lemon marmalade
- 1 tbsp Lime juice or lemon juice.
- Start by washing your large prawns with water. Make sure that they are peeled and deveined. Now, lay them out nicely on a paper towel.
- Pat them dry with another paper towel before adding your spices. Put them in a large bowl once they have been patted dry.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of salt. Add 1/4 tablespoon of black pepper. Add 1/4 tablespoon of garlic powder. Stir to evenly combine.
- Make sure your prawns are evenly coated. Set them aside and break two eggs into a clean small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add 6 tablespoon of shredded coconut and 6 tablespoon of breadcrumbs to another bowl and mix them all up. In a clean bowl, add 1/2 cup of flour.
- Our shrimp is ready to be coated. Now, evenly coat the shrimps in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Now, place in a paper towel.
- Repeat the process for the other shrimps. Once they are ready, pour some frying oil in a pan. Carefully place the shrimps one by one into the pan to fry.
- Fry them until they are crispy and golden brown. Once they are ready, take them out and place them on a paper towel.
- Now, let's make the sauce to go with itGet your orange or lemon marmalade, add 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce. Mix them all up until they're smooth and nice.
- Wash your lime or lemon and cut into two. Squeeze the juice into the marmalade. Your snack is ready and perfect.
YouTube Video Credits