Souffle Pancake With One Egg
Souffle Pancake: Welcome back foodies, let’s make something different today. We would show you how to make this souffle pancake with just one egg.
The One Egg Souffle Pancake Recipe (2 small pancakes or 1 big pancake)
1 large egg (room temperature)
2 tbsp plain flour / all purpose flour
1 tbsp milk
1.5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 – 4 drops of lemon juice / vinegar (for egg stabilization – omittable)
– Pre heat the pan at 4/9 level for 1 minute, grease the pan
– Scoop 2/3 of the batter into 2 pancakes
– Add 2 tsp (room temperature) water, cover and cook 2 minutes
– After 2 mins, scoop the rest of the batter into 2 pancakes (adding the batter into 2 batches prevents the pancakes spreading too much so they can be higher)
*** Reduce the heat to 3/9, add 1 tsp water, cover and cook 5 minutes
– Flip the pancakes, the pancake’s bottoms should be strong enough to flip easily now
– Cover and cook for extra 5 mins, let them sit inside the pan for 1 minute
– Serve them hot with fruit, butter and powdered sugar / syrup
For the one big pancake: Cook at 3/9 heat level for 7 minutes than flip and cook for extra 6 minutes
Caution: each stove works differently, adjust accordingly.
It is more difficult to make 1 big fat pancake than 2 smaller pancakes because you need the cake ring and teflon paper (baking paper). Also, the bigger pancake requires slightly lower heat and slightly longer cooking time (total 13 – 14 minutes compared with 12 minutes for smaller pancakes).
Watch Video Below
YouTube Video Credits