Snickers Cake Recipe
Snickers Cake Recipe: Did you know that Snickers cake is a combination of chocolate, caramel, and peanuts! What can be better off this combo? First, in this article, we will be showing you how to make this special recipe.
This cake is a homage to the famous candy bar we all loved when we were kids. We can control the flavors and the sugar amount. Really amazing cake for birthdays, for parties and holidays.
Snickers Cake Recipe
Did you know that Snickers cake is a combination of chocolate, caramel, and peanuts! What can be better off this combo?
For the cake:
- 3 Eggs
- 75g Sugar
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- 50ml Milk
- 80g Flour
- 20g Cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch Salt
For the cream:
- 1 cup (225g) Cream cheese/mascarpone
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (30g) Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
For the caramel:
- 110g Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60g) Butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Heavy cream
- 100g Peanuts, toasted
For the chocolate glaze:
- 120g Dark Chocolate
- 100ml Heavy cream
- 40g Peanuts, chopped.
- Make the cake:Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180C˚). Grease a 8-inch (20cm) round cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place eggs, sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 6-7 minutes. Add oil and mix until combined, add milk and mix until combined.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Fold just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel:Heat sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful not to burn.
- Once the sugar is completely melted and reached a deep amber color, reduce the heat and add the butter, stir until melted. Then, pour heavy cream and stir immediately until combined and smooth. Turn the heat off, add the peanuts and stir. Set aside while making the cream.
- Make the cream filling: in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Add cold heavy cream and whip until fluffy.
- Assembly: cut the top of the cake to give the cake an esthetic look. Then, divide the cake into two. Spread the cream over the first layer of cake. Gently spread the caramel on top of the cream. Place the second layer of cake on top and gently press. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Make the chocolate glaze: chop the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan heat heavy cream. Pour hot cream over the chocolate, allow to sit for 2 minutes, then stir until melted and smooth. Add chopped peanuts and mix.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the cake and allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
YouTube Video Credits:
The Cooking Foodie