Plum Crumble Cake Recipe: Hello there food and snacks lovers! Well, cheers to learning a new recipe every day with us, because you know how we do it daily over here!
Toady, we would be showing you how to make this plum crumble cake recipe. This plum crumble cake is the perfect dessert for family dinners and holidays. It’s pretty easy to make, balanced in flavors, it’s not too sweet, and the most important thing, it goes wonderfully with a cup of tea or coffee.
Plum Crumble Cake Recipe
Hello there food and snacks lovers! Well, cheers to learning a new recipe every day with us, because you know how we do it daily over here!
- 500 Plums
- Lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons (37g) Brown/white Sugar
- 30g Cornstarch
For the crumble:
- 1¼ (125g) Rolled oats
- 1 cup (125g) Plain flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) Brown/white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Line the bottom and the sides of a 8-inch (20cm) round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the filling: cut the plums in half, remove the pit, then cut each half into 3-4 pieces. Transfer the plums into a large bowl and add sugar, lemon zest and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
- Make the crumble: in a large bowl, mix oats, flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Add softened butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Assemble the cake: spread half of the crumble on the bottom of the pan. Using a spoon or the bottom of a glass, press evenly the mixture. Then spread the filling on top of the crust. And sprinkle the remaining half of the crumble on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Release from the pan and serve with vanilla ice cream.
YouTube Video Credits:
The Cooking Foodie