Chocolate Cake Recipe: For every chocolate cake lover, especially those who want to “eat their cake and have it”, this is the perfect recipe for you to try. This recipe is an easy cake recipe that is moist and dense which even beginners can do easily. So, before you start thinking of how to order some cake online, how about we show you how to make yours? Let’s get started!
Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Flour: All purposes flour/ plain flour
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of butter milk
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- In a clean bowl, add two cups of flour. Now, add two cups of sugar to the flour. After that is done, add 1/4 cup of Cocoa powder to a sieve, then sift into the flour to remove lumps.
- Once that is done, add a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of baking powder. Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and stir gently to mix up. Once you're done stirring, you will notice that the color has changed from the white flour to brown. This is due to the Cocoa powder that was added.
- Stir some more and add 1 cup of buttermilk to it. Now, add one cup of hot water to the mix.
- Stir evenly and adequately until you get a paste. Then, add one cup of melted butter. Add one tablespoon of Vanilla essence flavor. Break in 3 raw eggs into the mix too.
- Whisk the mixture gently but evenly until you get a smooth brown paste. Pour the batter in a greased mould and bake for 45 minutes at 200 degree Celsius or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clear. Your cake is ready to be served and eaten!
YouTube Video Credit: