Mini Pita Bites: Hi there food lovers, wanna know how to make mini pita bites with chicken filling? We can show you how to make this snack in very easy steps.
If you’re bored with your go-to meals and lacking motivation to cook. It’s time to get creative in the kitchen. This delightful recipe will give your palette something new.
Mini Pita Bites With Chicken Filling
Hi there food lovers, wanna know how to make mini pita bites with chicken filling? We can show you how to make this snack in very easy steps.
For chicken marination:
- 1kg chicken
- 1 tbsp Ginger/garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 1 lemon's juice
- mayo (1 cup)
- 3 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 4 tbsp ketchup
For pita dough
- 250ml + 130ml warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 7g yeast
- 4 cups flour (500g approximately
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- Chopped red onion and cucumber
STEP ON: Chicken Marination
- Cut the chicken into thin strips or small pieces. To spice it up, we will be using 1 tablespoon of ginger and garlic paste, salt to taste, 1 tablespoon of crushed black pepper and 1 lemon
- Cover and marinate for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan. Now, add your marinated chicken. Cook for 25-30 minutes. Stir from time to time
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Get a small bowl, 250ml of mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of sriracha, 4 tablespoons of ketchup and mix well.
- Pour the mayo sauce over the chicken. Stir to coat all over and cover. Set it aside.
Making The Pita Bread:
- Add one cup of water, make sure its warm. Then, add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Add 7g of yeast. If the foam or bubble forms within 5 or 10 minutes, the yeast is alive and active.
- Now, add 4 cups of flour. Add 2 tablespoon of salt and then, 130ml of water. Roughly mix and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Knead well for 5 to 10 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Cover and leave. Let it rise until it has doubled in size. Remove the air from the dough.
- Add some flour to the clean surface and start kneading the dough. Flatten the dough. Use a fork to poke holes all over it.
- Cut out small circles, about 20 or 25.
- Brush some oil on a pan. Add your dough and let it cook for a while, flip over to the next side and let it cook as well.
- Keep covered in a damp paper towel to keep them moist, warm and soft.
- Add some finely chopped cucumber, red onion and cooked chicken. Fold and serve with tea or any drink of your choice.
YouTube Video Credits