Lemon Tiramisu Recipe
Lemon Tiramisu: Hello there foodies, it’s a really beautiful day to try out some fresh and new recipes, don’t you think? Well, how about we try some lemon tiramisu recipe.
Tiramisu is one of the most famous desserts in the world. The perfect dessert for Christmas, holiday season, birthdays or any other occasion.
For the cream:
3-4 tablespoons Lemon juice
4 Egg yolks
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons 125g Sugar
1¼ cups (300ml) Heavy cream, cold
400g Mascarpone cheese
Lemon zest from 2 lemons
1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste/extract
For the biscuits:
Savoiardi biscuits (Ladyfingers)
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1 cup (240ml) Milk/water
1/4 cup (60ml) Limoncello (optional)
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Make the cream: place egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl and set over pot with simmering water (bain marie). Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Start whisking constantly, until the sugar is dissolved, and the custard thickens. The temperate of egg yolk should reach 154-158ºF (68-70ºC). This step is optional (read notes). Remove the bowl from heat and let cool.
2. When slightly chilled add mascarpone and beat until combined and smooth. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla bean paste and mix until combined and smooth.
3. In a separate bowl whip cold heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Then fold the remaining whipped cream. Set aside.
4. Make the lemon syrup: in a shallow bowl mix lemon juice, milk, limoncello and set aside. Note: if you prefer not to use Limoncello just use water+lemon juice.
5. Assembly: dip each ladyfinger into the lemon mixture for 1-2 seconds. Arrange soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a medium sized dish. If needed, break a few ladyfingers to fit them in the dish. Spread half of the cream over the soaked ladyfingers. Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers and spread the remaining cream on top.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
7. Before serving grate some lemon zest on top of the tiramisu and serve.
Watch Video Below
YouTube Video Credits
The Cooking Foodie