How To Make Chicken Shawarma: It’s everywhere now – in your street, at the fast food restaurant, at the local bakery, at the shop down the road. SHAWARMA. This is one food that a lot of people fell in love with at first bite. Apart from the different and exciting goodies wrapped inside, shawarma can be made in different ways. If you’ve tasted it, you know what we’re talking about. How about we show you how to make the tastiest shawarma you’ve ever had (or will have, after this tutorial)?
Let’s get it on!
How To Make The Tastiest Chicken Shawarma
- 1.5 lb chicken(2 large chicken breasts) divided into two.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (red pepper)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 hot dogs
- Pocket pita bread (You can find pocket pitas at Mediterranean stores or restaurants)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (substitute with 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce (substitute with 1/2 teaspoon sugar)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Cabbage
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup red cabbage (optional)
- Let's start off by getting a clean bowl. Now add some garlic powder in it. Add your cumin powder. Add your cayenne pepper. Now, add your crushed chicken seasoning.
- Add some salt. Add paprika and step it up with unsweetened yogurt. After that, squeeze your lemon juice onto the mixture. Now add a little cooking oil and stir. Keep the stirring steady until it has turned into a brown paste.
- Add your already split chicken breasts into the paste and turn them until they're fully covered in the paste. Now, cover them with a cling film and allow it to marinate in the fridge for about an hour.
For the secret sauce:
- In a different clean plate, add some mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, sriracha sauce, sweet chili sauce. Now, mix them gently until it turns into a brown mixture. Now
- Now squeeze some lemon juice on the mixture and stir again. Start cutting your cabbage. You must've washed it first. We would only need half of the cabbage for this shawarma making process. Start slicing in tiny shapes. After that is done, take out your carrots and grate them smoothly.
- If you want, you can add some red cabbage to the slicing list. It's optional. A lot of people may not want it. Now, add the sliced cabbage, carrot, red cabbage into a clean bowl and mix them up nicely. Place that aside. Let's move on. In a clean pan, sprinkle some oil and add your marinated chicken breasts.
- Fry them up till they're brown. Now, place them in a clean plate. Let's continue.Heat up your hot dogs/sausages in a clean pan after adding some oil. Take them out once they're ready.
- Now, start dissecting your chicken into bits. Now, take out your pocket pita and gently separate them into two. Place one on the board and place the other one right on but a little lower. Now, add your secret sauce to the pocket pita (the lower one), then add your chicken bits.
- After that, add your sliced cabbage, carrot and red cabbage. Add one sausage and sprinkle some sauce on the salad dressing. Now, start rolling the pocket pita over the edibles.
- Roll both pocket pitas nicely and tuck in both ends. Repeat the process for other shawarmas you want to make and roll them all nicely.Place them in a pan and grill for about 5 minutes. Once they're ready, take them out. Your delicious shawarma is ready to be eaten.
Shawarma may be garnished with beef, chicken, turkey, fish, or even simply hot dogs. Different tastes for different folks. Whatever suits you. Now that you know how to make the tastiest chicken shawarma with our “special sauce”, send us a note on how it went.