Red Velvet Cake: Hello cake lovers! We’re so excited to bring you the best recipe for the most amazing red velvet cake recipe with cream cheese frosting. This cake is so moist, fluffy, rich, and ‘velvety’. The symbol of cake perfection. This cake consists of two layers of cake, a generous layer of cream cheese frosting in the middle, beautifully covered with frosting on top and sides. Coated with red velvet crumbs and decorated with a heart-shaped cake. What a beauty! Let’s get started on the process.
How To Make Red Velvet Cake
For the cake:
- 2½ cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (16g) Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1½ cups (300g) Sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup – 1 tbsp (200g) Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white Vinegar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup (115g) butter, room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons Red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1¼ cups (300ml) Heavy cream, cold
- 2 cups (450g) Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups (190g) Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- First, start out by preheating your oven to 350F (175C). Once that is done, we can get started on the cake. In a large bowl, sift 2 and a half cups (310g) of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons (16g) of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat 1 and a half cup (115g) of butter and 1 and a half cups (300g) of sugar until smooth. Add 2 eggs one at the time, beating until combined after each addition. Add 1 cup – 1 tablespoon (200g) of vegetable oil and beat until combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar, 1 cup (240ml) of buttermilk and beat until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture gradually and mix after each addition until well combined. Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon (or more if needed) of red food coloring and mix.
- Now, pour the batter into two 8-inch (20cm) round baking pans greased with butter and dust with flour, or you can use one pan and bake twice. Also, you can use springrorm pan lined with parchment.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.67 °C) for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once the time has elapsed, take out the cakes and cool them in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Release from the pan, then let cool completely.
- Let's make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat 2 cups (450g) of cream cheese with 1 and a half cups (190g) of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 and a quarter (300ml) of heavy cream and whip to stiff peaks. Then gradually add into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cut the top of the cakes. Cut out 8-12 heart shapes from the top layer of the cakes (as directed in the video below). Make crumbs from the leftovers. Set aside. Place one cake layer with flat side down.
- Spread a layer of frosting, place the second layer of cake on top of the frosting, flat side up. Spread evenly the frosting on top and sides of the cake. Now, you can coat cake sides with the crumbs.
- Decorate the cake with the crumbs and the hearts. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
• All cake ingredients should be in room temperature
• You can use all-purpose flour or cake flour
• Instead of buttermilk you can use milk+1 tablespoon vinegar (mix and let stand 5-10 minutes).
The Cooking Foodie