How To Make Puff Puff: In today’s tutorial, we will be making the popular Nigerian sweet and yummy snack called “Puff Puff“. This delicious snack is almost every Nigerian go-to snack and yes, you’ll definitely love it. I mean, what’s not to love about it? It’s easy to make, easy to share, and also, easy to learn. So, let’s get right into making this delicious snack.
How To Make Nigerian Puff Puff
- All-purpose flour
- Instant yeast
- Cinnamon Powder
- Vanilla flavor
- 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar for non-sweet & full cup for sweet puff puff
- 1 n 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- The first thing to start with would be to sift the flour (as usual). For those who aren't familiar with why you should sift the flour, this is to get rid of lumps or any other dirt in the flour, possibly some unwanted items. Make sure that you measure and half cups of flour.
- Now, add a cup of your yeast. Add some cinnamon powder, some sugar. Now, add warm water and a bit of your vanilla flavor. Note that the water to be added should be warm. If it is hot, it can kill the yeast. Next, mix everything together till you get a smooth batter.
- You can use your hands to mix it up, but make sure that they are clean first. Wash your hands properly if you must use them.
- Now, add a little water to loosen the texture and continue mixing. Keep mixing till you achieve a smooth batter. Now, cover it and allow the batter to rest. You need to place it in a warm place for it to rise. When it's ready, you'll know because it will double in size. Now, mix it again to get rid of the air bubbles.Now, add your frying oil into a deep-frying pan and let it heat up before adding your puff puff batter in sizeable lumps. You can use a spoon to scoop the batter into the oil, but you can also use your hands.
- However, practice makes perfect. Also, make sure that the oil is not too hot because if it's too hot, the insides will be uncooked. As you fry, make sure to turn and stir your puff puff around so that it will be evenly fried. Puff puff doesn't take long to get ready, so be watchful and mindful of the frying process.
- Once it's brown and ready, scoop it out and place them in a sieve with a paper towel underneath to get rid of the excess oil. Your puff puff is ready to be served and eaten.
YouTube Video Credit: