Fish And Chips Recipe: Hi there food and snacks lovers! Let us take you on a different food experience today. This fish and chips recipe will definitely give your taste buds a whole new sensation.
Fish and chips – probably the most known British dish around the globe and there is a reason for that. This recipe makes crispy fish on the outside, flaky and tender on the inside.
The chips in the recipe are classic, but you also can make a rustic chips. Beer battered fish is the best way to fry fish. Serve it with a homemade tartar sauce and enjoy a perfect meal.
Fish And Chips Recipe
Hi there food and snacks lovers! Let us take you on a different food experience today. This fish and chips recipe will definitely give your taste buds a whole new sensation.
For the fish:
- White fish fillets (see recipe notes)
- 1 cup (125g) Flour (for the batter)
- Flour (for coating)
- 1 – 1¼ cups (240-300ml) Beer, cold
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the chips:
- 4 large potatoes
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cold water
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup (125g) Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons Dill pickles. chopped
- 1 tablespoon Capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, chopped.
- Lemon, cut into wedges
- Make the chips: Peel the potatoes, then, cut each potato lengthwise into 4 or 5 pieces, then cut each piece into sticks. Each stick should be about 1cm (1/2-inch) thick.
- Rinse potatoes under cold water, then place potatoes in a large bowl and cover with water. Let soak for 30 minutes. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 275-300F (135-150C). Gently add the potatoes to the oil, in batches, and fry for about 3-5 minutes, until soft, but not golden, stirring and flipping the potatoes occasionally. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel. Let cool.
- Heat oil to 400F (200C). Fry the potatoes again, in batches, until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from oil, transfer to a paper towel to drain. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chips in warm oven (100C/200F) while making the fish.
- Meanwhile, make the batter: in a large bowl mix flour, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add beer, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Place the remaining flour in a large shallow dish. Season each fish fillet with salt and pepper, then coat each fish fillet in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Dip the fish into the batter, coating the entire fillet.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350F (180C). Fry the fish until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Make the tartar sauce: in a large bowl mix all sauce ingredients.
YouTube Video Credits:
The Cooking Foodie