Strawberry Cake Recipe: Chances are that you have heard of strawberry cake, but we can guess that you may not have had a bite of it. Right? Yup. Don’t worry, we understand, and this recipe will give you the true need to make yours. Strawberry cakes can be made from fresh berries, as would be shown in the video below. It’s healthier that way. Let’s get started.
Easy Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 1 lb of Fresh strawberries (450g)
- 330g of All-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 and half teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar (400g)
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese (226g), room temperature.
- Start out by first washing and slicing your strawberries. Take off the flower part and slice into halves. Now, pour them into a blender to get it sorted out. When that is done, take it off the blender and into a pan.
- Cook for about 25 minutes on medium heat. This is to get the extra water out of the berries and concentrate the flavor. Don't forget to constantly stir so that it doesn't burn.
- Now, when that is done and ready, pour it out into a clean bowl and allow it to cool down because your purée needs to be close to room temperature before you can use it.
- You can add some coloring to the strawberry if it turned grayish while you were cooking it. A lot of times that happens, but you want your cake to turn out beautiful, not grayish. You can let 25 minutes pass by before using your purée.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (121.11 degree Celsius) and get started on your dry ingredients. In a large bowl, add 330g of all-purpose flour. Add a teaspoon of Kosher salt. Also add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Then, move in with 2 and half teaspoons of baking powder. Give it a quick whisk and set it aside.
- In a whisking bowl, add 1 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature). Now, whisk away. As it is mixing up, add 2 cups of granulated sugar (400g). You can mix for about minutes until it's nice and creamy.
- Now, add 4 egg whites (room temperature). The reason we don't need the egg yolk is that it's orange, and it may hamper the color of the cake. Now, add your egg white into the still mixing butter. Add it slowly. Also add 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- Next, measure out half a cup of the strawberry purée. Now, to the still mixing butter mash, add your flour and your measured strawberry purée. Also add your 1/2 cup of milk. Mix up well. You can add some pink food coloring if you please. It's totally optional.
- Get two nine inch pans buttered and placed with parchment papers. Add some flour to the inner side of the pans and add your batter into both pans in the same quantity. Give it a nice spread and smoothen it out evenly. The batter is ready to go into the oven for about half an hour. While the cake is baking, let's make our frosting.
- Add a cup of unsalted butter (226g), room temperature into the mixer. Add 8 oz. cream cheese (226g), room temperature too. Now, mix them up evenly. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Onc
- Once the batter is mixed up, add 6-7 cups of powdered sugar (720-840g). Mix again and add 1/4 cup of strawberry purée. You can add some minced strawberries if you want.
- It's time to assemble the cake!Check on your cake and take it off the heat. Remove the parchment paper. Get a cake stand and add a bit of frosting to hold the cake in place. Put the cake on top of the stand. Now, add three scoops of frosting on the cake and start to flatten it out.
- Now, add your second layer of cake and add all the frosting on top of that one too. Next, smoothen it all over the cake, down to the sides. Make sure that the cake is cover from head to toe in frosting. Swirl it to make the cake look swirly and finish up by adding some strawberries on top of the cake.
YouTube Video Credit: