Simple Sugar Cookies: Hello there food lovers! Today, we will be showing you how to make the most delicious and simple sugar cookies you’ve ever tasted or tried.
These no-spread sugar cookies are great for cutouts, perfectly sweet, and totally delicious. Unlike other sugar cookies that become a gloopy mess at room temperature, this dough is easy to work with and needs minimal chilling, and of course, they keep their shape when you bake them! Perfect for cut-out cookies.
Easy & Simple Sugar Cookies
- 4 Cups of All-purpose flour (480g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch (40g)
- 1 cup of unsalted room temperature butter (226g)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (200g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla essence
- Pour 4 cups (480g) of your all-purpose flour into a bowl with a sieve on top to sift the flour as it is being poured. Now, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the mix. Next, add 1/3 cup of cornstarch - which is about 40g. Now, sift the ingredients all out into the bowl.
- Now, get your mixer ready. Into the bowl, add 1 cup of unsalted room-temperature butter (226g). Now, mix it up gently. Now, add 1 cup of granulated sugar (200g) to the mix. Mix them all up again until it's nice and light - fluffy and just right.
- Scrap the sides of the mixing bowl and mix some more. Now, add in 2 room temperature eggs. Room-temperature eggs incorporate way more easily and that's what you want to use. Add the eggs one by one. Scrap the bowl down one more time and mix it up again.
- Next, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence. Mix them all up really nicely. There are so many different flavors to use. You could go for whatever flavor you want. Now, after that is done, add your flour into the bowl and mix up on low to start with, so that it doesn't splatter all over. Scrap the bowl down one more time and mix again.
- Take the dough out and place them onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Push them together and roll them out between two layers of plastic sheets as indicated in the video below. Flatten it out a bit and lay it flat in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Place a pastry mat on the table and add some flour to smoothen the surface. Place the dough on the pastry mat and get your rolling pin to work. After flattening the dough out for a bit, cut them into the shapes you desire. Once you're done, transfer them to your baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for about 12 minutes at 375 degrees centigrade. After the time has elapsed, check on your cookies and serve.
YouTube Video Credit: