Delicious Spring Rolls: Get in here, lovers of Spring rolls! Today, we will be giving you a tutorial on how to make your very own spring roll. Hence, you don’t have to spend more money buying, you can prepare your own delicious spring rolls at home! How exciting is that? So, without much ado, let’s get into it.
Delicious Spring Rolls Recipe
- 2 Cups Shredded Carrot
- 2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Cup Spring Onions
- 300g Boneless Chicken
- 2 Red Chili Peppers
- Chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp black Pepper
- Vegetable oil.
- 1 Cup Plain flour
- 1.5 tbsp Cornflour or Potato starch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Start off by slicing your cabbage into two and start peeling off the unwanted part (The outer part). Now, slice gently into bits with a knife. Next, scrape your carrots and also slice them.
- Next, chop your spring onion and your boneless chicken. In a clean, frying pan, add some vegetable oil. Now, add your ginger and garlic mixture and fry for about 2-3 minutes. You have to be careful so that you don't burn the garlic. Next, add your chopped onions and stir.
- After that, add your boneless chicken to the mix. Now, add chicken seasoning/stock cubes. Now, add your paprika, black pepper. Now, stir again evenly and fry for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Once the chicken is well fried, add your cabbage and carrots to the mix. Also add your red pepper (chili). Next, add your spring onions and stir well to combine.
- Next, add your soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes. After that, stir once more and place it aside. Now, for this spring roll making recipe, we will be using the Spring roll pastry wrapper. You can use flour to make yours. Take out a plate and place the wrapper in the plate and cover it with a towel for a while. It's the frozen pastry, so it might take a while to melt out.
- Take out one thin wrapper and then, add your sauce to one end of the wrapper. Next, slowly roll it over and then fold both ends of the wrapper. Then continue folding gently. Once you get to the end of the wrapper, add a little water to the end of the wrapper and fold to the end. This will help with the sealing.Do this for as many rolls as you wish to make. Now, let's get to frying. Add enough vegetable oil for deep-frying in a large frying bowl or pan. You need the oil to be very hot to adequately fry the rolls.
- Now, gradually drop the spring rolls into the pan and turn over gently until all sides are well fried. Do this until all rolls are fried. Place them in a sieve and get your sauce ready to serve.
- Watch the rest of the video to see how the spring roll wrapper was made with flour.
YouTube Video Credit: