Classic Cheesecake: Hey there foodies, what do you think of using this classic cheesecake as a dessert? You could make it yourself, in some cool easy steps.
Classic cheesecake is probably one of the most popular desserts in the world. This recipe is easy to make. It is light, creamy with flat surface.
Classic Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 250g Digestive biscuits/crackers
- 90g Butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 4 cups (900g) Cream cheese
- 1 cup (200g) Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Heavy cream
- 1-2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 4 Eggs, large
- 1 cup (225g) Sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Lemon zest
- Pinch Salt
- fresh berries
- Strawberry jam
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a food processor or Ziploc bag crush cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into bottom of 9-inch (23cm) springform pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Set aside while making the filling.
- Reduce oven heat to 300°F (150°C).
- Make the filling: In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at the time, beating to combine after each addition. Do not over beat. Add vanilla extract, sour cream, heavy cream, salt and beat until smooth.Add cornstarch and lemon zest, beat until incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Bake the cheesecake: Place the pan on a large piece of foil, and fold the foil up the sides of the pan. Pour the filling over the crust, place the pan inside a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to go halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the edge is set but the center jiggles slightly. Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven. Let cool to room temperature for one hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate the cake with fresh fruits.
YouTube Vide Credit
The Cooking Foodie