Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies: Hello there foodies, come with us on this interesting and exciting food journey. These chocolate thumbprint cookies are not only very easy to make, but also very rich and delicious.
These cookies are flavorful, covered with crushed roasted hazelnuts and filled with melted chocolate. Just perfect along with a cup of tea or coffee.
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- 1 Baking Oven
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Bowl
- 1 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar (150g)
- 1/2 cup oil (135ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (250g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- crushed hazel nuts 100g (roasted)
- Dark chocolate/ milk chocolate 100g
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F). Line 2 baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl place 1 egg, 1 egg yolk and sugar, whisk until light and pale.
- Add oil, vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and stir until dough is formed.
- Shape small balls, dip each ball in the egg white, then cover with chopped hazelnuts. Arrange the balls on prepared baking tray. Slightly flatten the balls and then make an indentation with your thumb or with a back of a spoon into each ball.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Chop the chocolate, place in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals until melted.
- Fill each cookie with melted chocolate and allow to cool.
YouTube Video Credits
The Cooking Foodie