Buttercream Icing Recipe: Hi there. Welcome back to another mind-blowing tutorial. So, today, we’ll be sharing with you how to make perfect buttercream icing. Buttercream frosting is a staple for cupcakes, cakes, and many other baked goods. Buttercream is quite easy to make but, there are a few tips and tricks that we are going to share with you to get the most perfect buttercream icing. So, let’s get started.
Buttercream Icing Recipe
- 250g / 1 Cup Butter (salted or unsalted)
- 375g 3 Cups Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar | Confectioners Sugar
- 30ml / 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Start by adding room-temperature butter to a medium-sized clean mixing bowl or to a stand mixer. You will need some sort of electrical mixer to make the buttercream.
- Doing it by hand isn't even an option. Now, beat the butter for about 5 minutes until it has become light and airy, doubled in size, and lost most of its color. Five minutes may seem like a very long time, but it will make a huge difference.
- By the end of the five minutes, you'll see that the color of the butter has changed from yellowish to cream. This is important if you aren't adding any coloring. Scrap down the bowl to cup the rest of the butter splattered all over the sides of the bowl and mix them up evenly.
- Once you've been beating the butter for at least five minutes, and you're sure you have hit the right consistency, you're ready to start with the sugar.
- Start adding the icing sugar half a cup at a time, beating for about a minute in between each addition. Use the milk to thin out the consistency of the icing, add it a teaspoon at a time.
- This is also the time to add any flavoring or coloring that you would like. This icing can last in the fridge for a few weeks or the freezer for 3 months. When you are ready to use, just let it get back up to room temperature.
YouTube Video Credit:
Recipes by Carina