Black Forest Cake: Hi there food lovers, today, we would be showing you how to make your favorite delicious black forest cake. After this tutorial, we’re sure you won’t ever buy another cake out again.
This Cake is a chocolate sponge cake soaked with simple syrup, filled and frosted with light sweetened whipped cream along with some juicy cherries and rich, dark chocolate shavings.
The sponge cake has the perfect amount of bitterness that is balanced out by the simple syrup. And it is moist and juicy in every bite along with the freshness that the cherries lend to it. You NEED to make this cake right away.
Black Forest Cake
For the Chocolate Sponge Cake:
- (6" round cake)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites, (at room temperature)
- 75 g powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp oil (I used sunflower oil)
For the Simple Syrup:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream (I used Deluxe Non Dairy whipping cream)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar.
- Start by lining up a 6 inch round pan with some oil. Now, place a parchment paper on top of it. Set it aside. Now, add your flour into a baking bowl. Now, ad your cocoa powder. Next, add your baking powder.
- Also, add a pinch of baking soda. Next, add your salt to the flour. Now, mix them all up. Now, add some eggs whites into a plate and beat them gently till it turns into a fluffy mix. Now, add your sugar. Add the sugar gradually. Mix again and add your egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Now, beat again. Gradually add in your oil as you whip. Whip again for about 1 to 2 minutes. Now, add your dry ingredients and fold them in using a spatula.
- Make sue you do not over mix the batter. Now, pour it into your already lined up pan and top it to make sure the air escapes. Now, place in an oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes to bake.
- A toothpick placed into the center of the cake should come out easily if the cake is ready. Let the cake cool completely. While that is happening, let's prepare the sugar syrup.
- In a pan, add your sugar. Now, add some water to the pan. Set the heat to medium and let the sugar dissolve as the water boils. This should take about 5 minutes or so. Cover the pot and let it do its thing.
- Meanwhile, in a clean bowl, add your whipped cream. Now add your powdered sugar. Now, start whipping the cream. Once that is done, pour some whipped cream into your cream designer and set aside.
- In a cup, scrape out some dark chocolates. We will also be using some canned cherries. Now, remove your cake from the pan and slice off the top layer. Now, divide the cake into three parts as shown in the video.
- Now, place the cakes in different flat plates. Now, add some sugar syrup. Do the same for the rest of the cake. Now, spread some whipped cream on top of the cake. Now, add some cherries. Now sprinkle some chocolate scrapes. Now, add the second layer of cake on top of it.
- Repeat the same process for the next cake on top of it. Add the whipped cream, cherries and chocolate scrapes. Next, add the last cake on top. Also, add your cream, cover the cake with the whipped cream. Now, you can start designing your cake. You can add cherries as toppings when you're done. You can also sprinkle some more chocolate chips in the centre and add them by the side of the cake.
YouTube Video Credits;
Kitchen Time with Neha