Banana Oatmeal Cookies: Hello there food lovers! Looking for a healthy cookie recipe that is not easy to make but also delicious and amazing, then you should consider this banana and oatmeal cookie recipe. They are made with really simple and easy to get ingredients.
These healthy cookies are naturally sweet and gluten-free, and you can add in any extra you love, such as chocolate chips, raisins, or walnuts.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 Cup of cooking Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of Peanut butter
- 1/4 of mini chocolate chips
- To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.67 °C). For this recipe, make sure that your bananas are ripe. Preferably with some brown spots.
- Note that, the riper your bananas are, the sweeter your cookies will be. Now, add them to a large mixing bowl. Next, mash with a fork until they are relatively smooth. Now, add your peanut butter. This will help tone down the banana flavor. Once that is done, add the peanut butter to your mashed bananas. It will give the cookie a slightly better texture.
- Next, add one cup of quick cooking oats. Stir well until the oats are thoroughly mixed into the banana paste. Now, add your mini chocolate chips. You could also use raisins or chopped walnuts.
- If you want to avoid any added sugar, line in a baking sheet with parchment paper, then use a 1 ounce (37.8 g) cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough and drop it onto the prepared pan. You can get about 15-16 cookies from this recipe. Now, use a fork to flatten the cookies until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- You can also use your hands to flatten the edges and shape them properly to the desired size. Now bakes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.67 °C) for 10-15 minutes. Once that is done, let them cool in the pan completely.
- You can also store the cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Enjoy.
YouTube Video Credits: