The Perfect Way To Fry Fish: Hello there! If you still haven’t found a way to fry your fish without it getting splattered all over or broken into pieces, then you should take a look at this recipe.
The Perfect Way To Fry Fish
- Vegetable Oil
- Fresh Titus Fish
- All-purpose flour
- Chopped scotch bonnet pepper (Ata Rodo)
- All-purpose seasoning
- Garlic paste
- Start by placing the fish in a bowl. We will be using fresh Titus fishes for this recipe, but you can also use any fish of your choice. Next, sprinkle your all-purpose seasoning on the fish. You can also choose to use any seasoning of your choice. Next, add your chopped scotch bonnet pepper and some garlic paste as well.
- Sprinkle a little salt for taste. Add some oil to help the seasoning stick to the fish. Now, rub the marinade into the fish, ensuring that each fish is fully coated in the marinade. Once this is done, transfer the fish pieces into another bowl. Cover with a cling film and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- When the time is up, pour some all-purpose flour into a plate, add some all-purpose seasoning and a sprinkle of salt to taste. Mix up everything together to combine and add your fish to the flour mixture. Coat it thoroughly and set aside. Repeat the process for the other fishes till you have fully coated them all.
- Move over to the stove top and pour some cooking oil into the pan. Pour in enough for deep-frying and allow to heat up slightly. If you want to know if the oil is hot enough, insert a toothpick into it, if it bubbles, then it's hot. Now, transfer the fish pieces into the pan. Be careful not to overcrowd it.
- Allow it to fry on one side for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Once that is done, flip the fish over to the next side to also fry evenly. After the fishes have been fried, take them off the heat and allow to dry on a rack. All that's left is to serve. Enjoy.
YouTube Video Credits: