Spinach And Cheese Quiche: Hello there food lovers! Want to try something new and delicious? Something you haven’t tried before? This recipe so delicious and rich! Good for special occasions, parties, and birthdays. Instead of Gruyère cheese you can use any kind of cheese like, such as cheddar.
Spinach And Cheese Quiche Recipe
For The Crust:
- 2¼ cups (280g) flour
- 3/4 cup (170g) cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 tablespoons cold water.
For the filing:
- 14 oz (400g) fresh spinach
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 7 oz (200g) gruyere cheese
- 3oz (90g) blue cheese such as gorgonzola
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Butter + olive oil for frying.
- In a food processor process flour, salt and cold cubed butter. Process until crumbs are formed. Add cold water, process until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: chop onions. In a large pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and some olive oil. Add chopped onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add crushed garlic and spinach. Cook until wilted and reduced in size. Drain.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board. Lightly dust the top of the dough. Roll until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-10-inch (24-25cm) pie pan. Evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of your pan. Trim off the excess dough off the top of the pan. Gently pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Blind baking: line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice, or pie weights. Bake for 15 min. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 5-10 minutes or until crust is slightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the spinach into the pie crust, sprinkle shredded Gruyère cheese and cubed blue cheese. Pour the eggs and cream mixture over the spinach and cheese
- Bake until golden brown and set, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
YouTube Video Credits:
The Cooking Foodie