Chicken Fried Rice: Hello there food lovers. Let us show you an easy, yet quick way to make this delicious delicacy called the chicken fried rice.
Quick Chicken Fried Rice
Hello there food lovers. Let us show you an easy, yet quick way to make this delicious delicacy called the chicken fried rice.
- Boneless Chicken cut into 1” thin strips- 250 gms.
- Cooked Rice (day old)- 6 cups (made from 2 cups or 350 gms of raw rice)
- Eggs- 3
- Garlic, fine sliced- 6 cloves
- Salt- 1/4 tsp and a pinch for seasoning
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dark Soy sauce - 3 tsp
- White Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Shredded cabbage- 1 cup
- Carrots, julienned- 1 cup
- Green peppers (capsicum) julienned 1 cup
- Spring onion, greens, 3 tbsp
- Refined oil- 3 tbsp
- Wash and pat dry the boneless chicken pieces and cut into 1” wide flattish strips. Set aside
- Shred the cabbage into thin slices and julienne the carrots and the green peppers.
- Fine slice the garlic cloves and cut the spring onion greens into small pieces.- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and add the beaten eggs. Add a pinch of salt to season, mix gently and then scramble it on medium heat. This should take a minute. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
- Clean the wok with a paper towel and add 2 tbsp oil. Add the slices of garlic. Give a stir and fry it on high heat for around 30 secs.
- Add the chicken strips and stir fry on high heat for 1 min till they turn white.
- Now add the salt & pepper powder, mix and stir fry for around 3 mins on high heat till the strips are browned.
- Add 1 tsp soy sauce, mix and stir fry the chicken for 2 mins on medium heat. Add the julienned carrots and peppers, mix and stir fry for 2 min.
- Now add the shredded cabbage and continue to stir fry for another 1 min on high heat.
- Add the rice and mix with the chicken and veggies. Season with a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Give it a mix.
- Add 1 tsp of white vinegar and 2 tsp of dark soy sauce. Toss and fry 2 mins on medium heat. Add the scrambled egg and the spring onion greens. Toss well and serve.
YouTube Video Credit