Quick Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken Fried Rice: Hello there food lovers. Let us show you an easy, yet quick way to make this delicious delicacy called the chicken fried rice.
– Boneless Chicken cut into 1” thin strips- 250 gms.
– Cooked Rice (day old)- 6 cups (made from 2 cups or 350 gms of raw rice)
– Eggs- 3
– Garlic, fine sliced- 6 cloves
– Salt- 1/4 tsp and a pinch for seasoning
– Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
– Dark Soy sauce – 3 tsp
– White Vinegar- 1 tsp
– Shredded cabbage- 1 cup
– Carrots, julienned- 1 cup
– Green peppers (capsicum) julienned- 1 cup
– Spring onion, greens- 3 tbsp
– Refined oil- 3 tbsp
How to prepare:
– Wash and pat dry the boneless chicken pieces and cut into 1” wide flattish strips. Set aside.
– Shred the cabbage into thin slices and julienne the carrots and the green peppers.
– Fine slice the garlic cloves and cut the spring onion greens into small pieces.
– Beat 3 eggs in a bowl.
– Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and add the beaten eggs. Add a pinch of salt to season, mix gently and then scramble it on medium heat. This should take a minute. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
– Clean the wok with a paper towel and add 2 tbsp oil.
– Add the slices of garlic. Give a stir and fry it on high heat for around 30 secs.
– Add the chicken strips and stir fry on high heat for 1 min till they turn white.
– Now add the salt & pepper powder, mix and stir fry for around 3 mins on high heat till the strips are browned.
– Add 1 tsp soy sauce, mix and stir fry the chicken for 2 mins on medium heat.
– Add the julienned carrots and peppers, mix and stir fry for 2 min.
– Now add the shredded cabbage and continue to stir fry for another 1 min on high heat.
– Add the rice and mix with the chicken and veggies.
– Season with a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Give it a mix.
– Add 1 tsp of white vinegar and 2 tsp of dark soy sauce. Toss and fry 2 mins on medium heat.
– Add the scrambled egg and the spring onion greens.
– Toss well and serve.
Watch Video Below
YouTube Video Credit