Plantain & Egg Frittata: For those of you who want something simple, yet healthy and delicious, you can opt for this sumptuous Plantain and egg frittata! This dish is one of the easiest breakfast recipes you can think of…kids love it, adults love it and I am pretty certain that you will love it too.
Plantain & Egg Frittata
- One white onion bulb
- Olive oil
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Curry Powder
- Ground chili pepper
- Seasoning powder
- Salt to taste
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- 8 eggs
- Vegetable oil
- You can make Frittata in two ways - the baking method and the gas cooker method. Start out by frying one onion bulb in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir it around. This is to make the base for the Frittata. Now, add two garlic cloves to the mix. It can be crushed or pounded. However, you like.
- Give it a good stir and add your chopped tomatoes. Stir and leave to simmer for about 3-4 minutes. While that is happening, chop up some sausages. You can use smoked beef sausage or chicken sausage. You can even use pork sausage if you like.
- Check back on your cooking and stir again. Now, add the sausage to the pot. Give it a stir. Season with some thyme and curry powder. You can also add some ground chili pepper.
- Add some seasoning powder and salt to taste. Stir again to combine all the ingredients together. Leave it to cook for about a minute or two. For some color and freshness, add some red and green bell pepper strips.
- Break in 8 eggs into a mixing bowl, sprinkle some salt for taste and give it a good whisk. Transfer the filling into the egg mixture. Add some vegetable oil to a frying pan.
- You can also use melted butter instead (if you wish). Pour the mixture into the frying pan and gently place some fried plantain on top to cover the entire surface (or as shown in the video below).
- Now, bake for 20 minutes on low heat. As soon as the specified time has elapsed, you can serve your Frittata. Have a good meal.
YouTube Video Credit: