How To Prepare Jollof Pasta: Ever wondered how people manage to prepare some specially delicious Jollof pasta? I mean, the one you just can’t resist, even if you don’t like Pasta. A lot of people may not like Pasta. That’s okay though. You can still opt for spaghetti or twists, but for today’s cooking, we will be using pasta. You can choose any brand of pasta you like. It’s always about the taste anyway. So, if you want to learn how to make your own special, spicy, and delicious Jollof pasta, read on.
So, let’s get right into it!
For this meal, we would be needing some ingredients, which we can assure you are very easy to get. You most definitely have them in your kitchen.
How To Prepare Jollof Pasta In Minutes
- groundnut oil
- Fresh tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Seasoning – curry, thyme, paprika powder (any mixed spice of your choice)
- Fresh pepper
- Seasoning cubes.
- Start your cooking by blending your tomatoes, onions, and pepper. If you prefer them pounded by hand, then, by all means, do so. A lot of people would opt for the blender anyway, majorly because it's faster. Once you're done with the blending, pour the paste out into a clean bowl and get your pasta started.
- Add some salt into a pan of boiling water and throw in your pasta. Leave it to cook till it's tender. Next, add some groundnut oil to a pan and add your sliced onions. Pour in your already blended tomato paste. Add your seasoning – curry, thyme, and any other spice of your choice, and add your seasoning cubes. Add some salt and stir together.
- Let it simmer for 7 minutes. In the meantime, drain your pasta (some people prefer to drain it twice) and add it to the already simmering tomato sauce.
- Mix everything together gently and allow it to cook till the pasta is tender. Your delicious Jollof pasta is ready to be served with any protein of your choice.
Don’t overcook your pasta or allow it to simmer for too long. Depending on the brand of pasta you choose to use, be very attentive to the timing. Also, always have a taste of your cooking to know what ingredient to add or not.
Watch Food Making Video Below:
View this post on Instagram