How To Make Agege Bread: Any Agege bread lovers in the house? Yup, that’s what I thought too. There’s always someone who loves the yummy and soft taste of Agege bread. Using bread flour, yeast, and other dough ingredients, you can bake it in the oven whenever you need it and for whatever purpose! So, today, we would be showing you how to make that super soft and yummy Agege bread. Let’s show you the steps.
How To Make Super Soft Agege Bread
- 400 g strong bread flour
- 30 tbsp powdered milk
- 45 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 7 g dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 190 ml water (at room temperature)
- 40 g salted butter
- Start out by combining the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the strong bread flour, powdered milk, granulated sugar, salt, nutmeg, and yeast together in a bowl.
- Make the dough -For this step, it’s best to use a stand mixer or a hand mixer for faster kneading. Set the mixer at the speed 2 option and knead for 3 minutes. Use the kneading attachment of your mixer for best results. While the dough is kneading, gradually add the salted butter and knead for another 12 minutes.
- Grease the baking pan -While the dough is kneading, prepare the loaf pan by brushing it with melted butter or oil – this allows you to easily remove it from the loaf pan when cooked. It can also prevent the finished product from tearing and breaking. Grease the lid of the loaf pan as well.
- Mold the dough -After kneading for 12 minutes, place the dough on a floured flat surface. Divide the dough into three parts, 255 grams each. Then, mold each part of the dough into a ball and use a rolling pin to slightly flatten the dough.Roll each portion of dough until it turns into a cylindrical-shaped dough. The portions will come in handy when it’s time to divide the baked good into sections.
- Arrange the dough in the baking pan -Place each dough in the baking pan in a vertical position. Cover the baking pan with cling film or a food bag and secure it with the lid of the loaf pan.Set the loaf pan aside to allow the dough to rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It will take time before the yeast leavens, but it will definitely lead to a tastier and fluffier bread.
- Bake the dough -Before placing it in the oven, remove the cling film or food bag. Place the lid on top and bake it in the oven at 150 °C for 18 minutes. Once baked, you will find it easy to remove the bread from the loaf pan to let it cool at room temperature.You have your Super Soft Homemade Bread! Spread some butter on it or eat the bread itself!
When it comes to baking bread, measurements are important. For more accurate measurements, use a weighing scale or measuring cups.
Don’t forget to cover the dough during the leavening process because there may be adverse reactions between yeast and air. Exposure to air can make it longer for the dough to rise, and it can also affect the texture of the bread, especially the crust.
YouTube Video Credits:
Yummieliciouz Food Recipes