Scent Leaf Sauce: Hi everyone and all food lovers out there! Today, we would be showing you how to make this alternative scent leaf sauce. You can eat this sauce with boiled plantains, yam, or even rice and spaghetti. The list is endless truly. So, let’s show you how this sauce was made from scratch.
How To Make Scent Leaf Sauce
- Scent leaf ( 2 handful )
- Palm oil 1/2 cup
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons of crayfish
- 1 dry fish
- Salt to taste
- 1 maggi
- Start out by adding some salt in a pot of boiling water. Don't add too much water, just enough to cook the yam or plantains or whatever you would be using to eat the sauce.
- If, it's yam and plantains, as used in this video, then you can peel the yams and plantains before boiling or boil and peel later. Whichever the case, it is totally up to you. Cover and allow to boil.
- While that is boiling, start prepping the ingredients for your sauce. Slice your tomatoes, chop your bell peppers, onions, and some scotch bonnet peppers.
- Now, wash and cut your scent leaves. You can use any vegetables you wish to but, it won't give you the same taste as scent leaves. Next, get a clean cooking pan and add some palm oil. Add your chopped onions and then, add your tomatoes, also add your Scotch bonnet pepper and dry fish.
- Next, add your seasoning cubes and stir to combine. Cover and allow it to cook for about 7 minutes. You can taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Now, add some ground crayfish and stir once more.
- After everything, add your scent leaves. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes before you stir. Once that is done, cover again and let it steam for another 3-4 minutes. Stir once more and serve with your yams and plantain.
YouTube Video Credits: