How To Make Jambalaya Rice: Hello there food lovers! Today, we will be making a simple yet sweet Jambalaya rice recipe that we’re sure you would definitely enjoy.
If you are looking for a recipe that is quite different from the normal jollof rice or fried rice, you can take a peek at the recipe we have listed for you and let us know what you think.
How To Make Jambalaya Rice
- Cooking pan
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Sweet corn
- Tomato paste
- Chopped hotdogs
- Yellow bell pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Seasoning cubes
- Basil leaves
- Basmati Rice (Or any rice of your choice)
- In a cooking pan, add some oil. Now, add some chopped onions. Add your tomato paste and stir to combine. If you have an already blended tomato paste, you can also add that. Add some thyme, curry, and salt to taste. Next, add your seasoning cubes and some basil leaves to give it a taste. Stir and let it cook till it starts stiffening up.
- Now, add some chicken stock and now add some water. Mix everything together and allow it to cook well. Now, add your rice and mix gently so that the ingredients can get to every part of the rice. Cover and allow it to cook for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Start prepping your vegetables. In a clean pan, spray some oil and add your chopped onions. Also, add your chopped hotdogs and stir gently. After that, add your red, green, and yellow bell peppers. Pour your sweet corn into the mix and stir too.
- Once that is done, you can start adding your rice to the pan little by little. Mix them all up and allow to cook till the rice is fully done. You can garnish with chicken, beef or turkey, or even any protein of your choice.
YouTube Video Credit: