Garden Egg Sauce: Hello there food lovers! Today, we bring you a special and native food recipe called the Garden egg sauce. This recipe is quite the delight. If you have strong memories, you might remember someone making this from your neighborhood or even your own house. Not to worry, we’ll show you how.
Garden Egg Sauce
- Garden eggs
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Tatashe pepper
- Seasoning cubes
- Palm oil
- Smoked catfish
- Start out by washing the garden eggs and scotch bonnet pepper. Place them in a cooking pot and add some water. Boil them nicely till the garden eggs and pepper are soft.
- Then take them out and place them in a mortar. Pound them till you get a soft pulp. Once that is done, get a cooking pan and add some palm oil to the pan, add your pepper mix to the oil.
- Your pepper mix should contain blended Tatashe and onions. Fry for a little while and then add your seasoning cubes and crayfish.
- After that, add your garden egg paste and stir gently. Fry for some minutes before adding your smoked catfish.
- Stir and take it off the heat when you're ready to start with your yam. Your yam is ready to be served with this delicious garden egg sauce.
View this post on Instagram
Instagram Video Credit: