Fish Curry: Hello there food lovers, have you ever tasted fish curry? Well, you definitely should if you haven’t because this recipe promises to be amazing.
Fish Curry Recipe
Hello there food lovers, have you ever tasted fish curry? Well, you definitely should if you haven't because this recipe promises to be amazing.
- Rohu or Catla fish pieces (around 8 nos.) - 500 - 600 gms.
- Onion, quartered, medium ones- 2 nos.
- Tomatoes, quartered, medium ones-3 nos.
- Green Chilli - 1 big or 2 small as per taste
To Marinate Fish:-
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-3/4th tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
For the Curry:-
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1.5 tsp
- Cumin powder- 3/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Coriander leaves, chopped 2 tbsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp & oil for pan-frying the fish pieces
How To Prepare:
- Marinate the fish pieces with salt, turmeric powder & red chilli powder. Mix well & set aside for around 30 mins.
- Make a paste of the quartered onions, tomatoes and one or two green chillies.
- Prepare coconut milk or use store-bought coconut milk.
- Pan-fry the fish pieces in 2 batches. Remove & set aside.
- Chop the coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadai & add the onion-tomato-chilli paste.
- Fry on medium to low heat for around 7-8 mins. Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Mix & continue to fry for another 15 mins on medium heat, till the paste is cooked & has a little grainy texture. Make sure that the masala doesn’t burn or become brown in color.
- Add the red Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder & 1/2 tsp salt and mix it well. Add a splash of water and keep frying on low for around 2 mins.
- Add coconut milk & a cup of water & cook for another 3-4 mins. Now gently add in the fried fish pieces, give a stir and cook covered for around 10 mins.
- Add in the garam masala powder & simmer for 2 mins before garnishing with chopped coriander leaves.
YouTube Video Credits