Fish Curry: Hello there food lovers, have you ever tasted fish curry? Well, you definitely should if you haven’t because this recipe promises to be amazing.
Fish Curry Recipe
- Rohu or Catla fish pieces (around 8 nos.) - 500 - 600 gms.
- Onion, quartered, medium ones- 2 nos.
- Tomatoes, quartered, medium ones-3 nos.
- Green Chilli - 1 big or 2 small as per taste
To Marinate Fish:-
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-3/4th tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
For the Curry:-
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1.5 tsp
- Cumin powder- 3/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Coriander leaves, chopped 2 tbsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp & oil for pan-frying the fish pieces
How To Prepare:
- Marinate the fish pieces with salt, turmeric powder & red chilli powder. Mix well & set aside for around 30 mins.
- Make a paste of the quartered onions, tomatoes and one or two green chillies.
- Prepare coconut milk or use store-bought coconut milk.
- Pan-fry the fish pieces in 2 batches. Remove & set aside.
- Chop the coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadai & add the onion-tomato-chilli paste.
- Fry on medium to low heat for around 7-8 mins. Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Mix & continue to fry for another 15 mins on medium heat, till the paste is cooked & has a little grainy texture. Make sure that the masala doesn’t burn or become brown in color.
- Add the red Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder & 1/2 tsp salt and mix it well. Add a splash of water and keep frying on low for around 2 mins.
- Add coconut milk & a cup of water & cook for another 3-4 mins. Now gently add in the fried fish pieces, give a stir and cook covered for around 10 mins.
- Add in the garam masala powder & simmer for 2 mins before garnishing with chopped coriander leaves.
YouTube Video Credits