Egg Fried Rice Recipe: Hello there food lovers! Today, we would be showing you how to make that very special egg fried rice recipe.
This recipe is not hard to make at all. In no time, you’ll have your meal ready for you and your family. So, let’s get right into it.
Egg Fried Rice Recipe
- Vegetable oil
- Cooked rice
- Chopped bell peppers
- Chopped pork meat
- Chopped carrots
- Spring onions
- Soy sauce
- Chopped onions
- Chopped scotch bonnet peppers
- Seasoning powder
- Garlic paste
- Crack open some eggs into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and give it a very good whisk. This is to combine the egg and the salt seasoning. Once that is done, set it aside and let's move on to other ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, add some chopped pork meat, then, add a drizzle of soy sauce to the meat. Add your garlic and some chopped scotch bonnet pepper. Also, add some salt to taste and mix them all up.
- Next, in a clean cooking pan, drizzle some oil to cook with. Allow it to heat up slowly, reduce the heat to the lowest and add your eggs. Allow the egg to settle for a few seconds before you start gently scrambling. Don't scramble the eggs too much. You still want to be able to see chunks of the egg in your meal.
- Continue to cook until the eggs are perfectly set. Now, take it off the pan and set it aside. In the same pan, drizzle some more oil. Allow it to heat up slightly, then transfer the marinated pork meat into the pan to fry. Stir fry till the pork meat is slightly brown.
- You should use boneless pork meat, it doesn't take time to cook at all. So, when you go to the market to ask for pork meat, always choose the boneless ones.
- Now, keep stir frying until the meat is brown. Once it has achieved the brown-ness you desire, add your diced onions. Also, add some chopped fresh scotch bonnet pepper to the mix. Add some garlic paste as well. Mix everything to combine and continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Afterwards, the chopped carrots go in, stir it together for another minute. Then add your sweet corn. Mix together once more and then, add your rice. Make sure you already pre-boiled the rice earlier, but not entirely cooked. Now, add some soy sauce to the mix. You can add the light and dark soy sauce if you like.
- Also, add some chicken seasoning powder and some salt to taste. Mix everything together to combine. Now, add your eggs to the rice mix. You can add some fried plantains if you want to, then the bell peppers. Mix everything to combine.
- Allow to cook for about a minute or two, then add your spring onions. Mix again one final time and serve.
YouTube Video Credits: