Chickpea Stew Recipe: Hello there food lovers! Have you ever tasted chicken pea stew? It’s so tasty and very nutritious, you will definitely ask for more. This Spanish style chickpea stew is easy to make, it’s vegan and anyone can make it at home.
Delicious Chickpea Stew Recipe
- Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 jar (g) Roasted bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili flakes (optional)
- 1-1½ Cups (240-360ml) Water
- 1 can Chickpeas
- In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté until golden, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, and cook and softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add chopped tomato and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add roasted peppers, paprika, salt, pepper and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the vegetables into a blender, add water and blend until smooth. You can also use a hand blender.
- Pour the mixture to the pan, add chickpeas, bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
YouTube Video Credits:
The Cooking Foodie